NJ TRANSIT is offering special rail service between Hoboken and Far Hills to transport customers to and from the 100th running of the Far Hills Race Meeting on Saturday, October 16. NJ TRANSIT’s Far Hills Station on the Gladstone Branch of the Morris & Essex Lines is located directly across the street from Moorland Farms, the site of the event. (Please note that on October 16, the Gladstone Branch will only provide rail service to/from the Far Hills Race Meeting. At all other times, Lakeland bus service will replace Gladstone Branch trains.)
Schedule highlights for October 16 include:
- As is normal with travel to/from special events, capacity on trains can vary depending on when customers choose to travel. Customers should allow additional travel time and be patient if they cannot board the first train they encounter.
- Traveling to Far Hills:
- Trains will depart Hoboken at least once per hour from 7:31 a.m. until 11:20 a.m., with more frequent service between 8:39 a.m. and 10:35 a.m.
- Trains will depart Summit at least once per hour from 8:14 a.m. until 1:14 p.m., with more frequent service from approximately 9:10 a.m. until approximately 11:20 a.m.
- Traveling from Far Hills:
- From 3:59 p.m. until 7:03 p.m., Gladstone Branch train service will operate from Far Hills.
- Trains may depart Far Hills as they are filled, but the last train of the day will not depart Far Hills before 7:03 p.m.
- There will be no rail service to or from the Peapack and Gladstone stations. Frequent shuttle bus service (operated by Lakeland Bus Company) will operate between Gladstone, Peapack and Far Hills throughout the day. Buses will operate at least every 30 minutes but may operate more frequently if customer demand warrants.
- Outside the times shown above, Lakeland buses replace Gladstone Branch rail service between Gladstone and Summit.
-via Press Release