On Monday, March 9, ten Long Island Rail Road rush hour train to or from Penn Station that had been temporarily rerouted or canceled to accommodate Amtrak track work at Penn Station, resumed normal service. In addition, two early morning trains that had been added to the schedules to assist customers affected by the changes will continue.
During off peak hours, train times are being adjusted on the Ronkonkoma, Montauk, Port Jefferson and Oyster Bay branches to allow crews to continue record amounts of infrastructure upgrades that are underway. For complete details of the timetable changes, please see this link: http://web.mta.info/supplemental/lirr/new-timetables-march-9-2020.htm
These five morning rush hour trains are resuming service to Penn Station:
- The 6:56 a.m. express from Wantagh, Bellmore and Merrick, arriving at Penn Station at 7:43 a.m.
- The 7:44 a.m. express from Merrick, Freeport and Baldwin, arriving at Penn Station at 8:31 a.m.
- The 8:03 a.m. train from Long Beach, making all stops to Lynbrook, then running express to arrive at Penn Station at 8:54 a.m.
- The 8:10 a.m. local from Far Rockaway, making all stops to Valley Stream, then Jamaica, Kew Gardens and Forest Hills, before arriving at Penn Station at 9:05 a.m.
- The 8:25 a.m. local from Freeport, stopping at Baldwin, Rockville Centre and Jamaica, and arriving at Penn Station at 9:08 a.m.
These five evening rush hour trains are resuming service from Penn Station:
- The 5:06 p.m. express to Syosset, Cold Spring Harbor and Huntington
- The 5:32 p.m. train running express to Valley Stream then making all stops to Far Rockaway
- The 5:38 p.m. local to Hempstead with stops at Forest Hills and Kew Gardens
- The 5:50 p.m. express to Bayside, stopping at Douglaston, Little Neck and Great Neck
- The 7:05 p.m. local to Hempstead with a stop at Woodside
Two trains that had been added in early January to assist passengers of affected trains proved popular and will continue to operate:
- The 5:43 a.m. train from Freeport, stopping at Baldwin, Rockville Centre, and Jamaica and arriving at Penn Station at 6:24 a.m.
- The 5:12 a.m. train from Farmingdale, stopping at Bethpage, Hicksville, Mineola, New Hyde Park, Jamaica, and arriving at Penn Station at 6:05 p.m.
-via Press Release