Effective July 6, the Silver Meteor and Silver Star now operates on alternating days, offering one daily train between New York and Miami, as outlined below.
Silver Star Trains 91 and 92
- Southbound Train 91 will depart New York on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday
- Northbound Train 92 will depart Miami on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday
Silver Meteor Trains 97 and 98
- Southbound Train 97 will depart New York on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday
- Northbound Train 98 will depart Miami on Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday
Silver Star and Silver Meteor Changes
- Expanded capacity will be offered for each departure
- Five fully refreshed Amfleet II Coach cars offering new seating cushions, carpets, curtains, LED reading lights and ample space for physical distancing
- Three Viewliner Sleeping cars offer customers the option to book a private Bedroom or Roomette for their trip
- One Amfleet Café Car offering meals, snacks, and beverages for sale
- One Viewliner II Sleeper Lounge offering an exclusive space for customers in private rooms with flexible dining service available
- Daily service to Tampa will be offered via the Silver Star or the Amtrak Thruway bus connection to the Silver Meteor at Orlando
- Additional daily service will be offered on the Palmetto between New York and Savannah, including intermediate points, on the Carolinian, between New York and Raleigh, including intermediate points and between Washington, DC, and the Orlando areas on the Auto Train.
-via press release