Join us for short train and trolley rides, ice cream, and tours of our recent progress and historic equipment as we celebrate the 60th Anniversary of tourist service at the East Broad Top. We’ll run limited-capacity trains of open cars pulled by one of our diesels, drop you off at the Rockhill Trolley Museum for a ride on a historic streetcar, and offer you a treat from the Little Ice Creamery and then a brief tour of our machine shops and roundhouse — all for $15 per person. (Children age 2 and under ride free.)
At the same time we’re celebrating our 60th Anniversary, the Orbisonia-Rockhill Volunteer Fire Company and the Orbisonia Lions Club will be celebrating at the Homecoming Grounds across from the EBT station and at the Lions Club in Orbisonia. Visit both locations for vendors, historic displays, and more.
Trains on Friday, August 14, are at 3 p.m., 4 p.m., 5 p.m., and 6 p.m.
Trains on Saturday, August 15, are at 10 a.m., 11 a.m., noon, 2 p.m., 3 p.m., 4 p.m., 5 p.m., and 6 p.m.
- Because of strict limits on capacity for this event, there will be no refunds or exchanges. Please order carefully.
- The event will take place rain or shine.
- The EBT has a wheelchair-accessible car that will run in these trains. But the EBT’s historic equipment and facilities are not all easily accessible.
- Masks are recommended, and we’ll sanitize cars, bathrooms, and high-touch surfaces often. If you’re not feeling well, or if you have underlying health issues that make you worry about exposure to the virus, please stay home. We’ll have plenty more events in the years ahead.
- Please plan to arrive at least 45 minutes in advance.
-via Press Release