Beginning March 23rd, NJ Transit will enhance its weekday rail schedule to ensure additional regions of New Jersey maintain service. Rail service will operate on a Presidents Day holiday schedule with some enhancements. Weekday service on the Atlantic City Rail Line (ACRL), will continue to operate on a regular weekday schedule.
Due to the rapidly changing nature of the COVID-19 response, customers are strongly encouraged to sign up for My Transit alerts and activate push notifications on the mobile app to receive the latest status of the system.
Customers should refer to the Presidents Day schedules in their printed timetables or in the PDF versions available online at njtransit.com. Please refer to the “Saturday/Sunday/Holiday” section in your schedule and look to the bottom of the shaded columns – anything operating on 2/17 refers to the Presidents Day schedule. These trains will operate in addition to all of the trains in the non-shaded columns.
In addition to the train service operating on President’s Day, NJ Transit will include the following enhancements:
- Service to/from Hackettstown.
- Additional stops at Teterboro, Woodcliff Lake, Avenel, Garwood and North Elizabeth Stations
o Important Note: The Presidents Day schedule does NOT include service at Jersey Ave. Station
- Pascack Valley Line (PVL) rail service will be on a special schedule to accommodate added stops at Teterboro and Woodcliff Lake. Please visit njtransit.com or Trip Planner for more details.
- Additional early morning trains on the Northeast Corridor (NEC) and the North Jersey Coast Line (NJCL).
- Montclair-Boonton Line service west of Bay St. and Gladstone Branch rail service will both operate on Monday, March 23.
Bus will remain at full weekday schedules.As an added precautionary measure to protect our bus operators and customers, NJ Transit will implement rear-door boarding on all bus routes where rear-boarding is available. Travel should be limited to essential personnel only. Customers are encouraged to use the NJ Transit mobile ticketing app or purchase paper tickets prior to boarding.
-via Press Release